Nightbreed

Hey all :)

Hey :)

Ahh the 'ol introduction post. . . Been a while since I've done one of these!

Nice to have found this site - to be fair I wasn't looking around much until a few sites closed their doors recently.

Anyway I'm what you would call a vintage gamer - yup that old! I'm from the UK and currently really enjoying the PSP & the PS Vita -though I will always have a soft spot for the Saturn & Dreamcast.

Nice to meet you all :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HI :hi: and welcome to NGR.
Yeah iv been a member since the VP days (the 1st incarnation of this web sight) but only recently started moving my butt to get more roms archived and uploaded now the big hitters like emu paradise went RIP.
Well this sight was kinda founded on vita roms so we should pretty much have you covered there and our psp section quite good and growing but our Saturn section is only OK and our Dreamcast section is kinda non-existent :( if I had a Dreamcast to test the few roms I do have i would upload them... anyways let use know if you need help finding anything :KannaWave:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to NGR hope you enjoy your stay and have fun around!

As a side note I didnt know that some site where closing up, kind of sucks. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the welcome :)

43 minutes ago, MobCat said:

HI :hi: and welcome to NGR.
Yeah iv been a member since the VP days (the 1st incarnation of this web sight) but only recently started moving my butt to get more roms archived and uploaded now the big hitters like emu paradise went RIP.
Well this sight was kinda founded on vita roms so we should pretty much have you covered there and our psp section quite good and growing but our Saturn section is only OK and our Dreamcast section is kinda non-existent :( if I had a Dreamcast to test the few roms I do have i would upload them... anyways let use know if you need help finding anything :KannaWave:

I'm pretty much 'set' for Saturn & Dreamcast thankfully (apart from the few that no-one seems to have that is lol)

Weirdly though - it was through playing a ton of Japanese games on the Saturn when I got a Rhea, that I discovered many of the sequels were on the PSP and so naturally migrated to that. I've been really impressed with both the PSP and the Vita - the only downside I've seen is not with the machines themselves but with the time limited & disappearing dlc on Sony's servers.

There's an awful lot of Japanese dlc I'm after on the PSP for instance but finding that stuff seems to be harder than the roms lol. (I guess as there's no PSP dlc section - I would just request in (PSP) Game Requests?)

Anyway - really new to the Vita as only put h-encore on this week, but I do have 1 question about the dumps. Is nonpdrm preferred over maidump (or vice-versa) - I have all my carts backed up via nonpdrm and wonder if it's worth uploading any if there are already maidump versions on here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nightbreed said:

Thank you for the welcome :)

I'm pretty much 'set' for Saturn & Dreamcast thankfully (apart from the few that no-one seems to have that is lol)

Weirdly though - it was through playing a ton of Japanese games on the Saturn when I got a Rhea, that I discovered many of the sequels were on the PSP and so naturally migrated to that. I've been really impressed with both the PSP and the Vita - the only downside I've seen is not with the machines themselves but with the time limited & disappearing dlc on Sony's servers.

There's an awful lot of Japanese dlc I'm after on the PSP for instance but finding that stuff seems to be harder than the roms lol. (I guess as there's no PSP dlc section - I would just request in (PSP) Game Requests?)

Anyway - really new to the Vita as only put h-encore on this week, but I do have 1 question about the dumps. Is nonpdrm preferred over maidump (or vice-versa) - I have all my carts backed up via nonpdrm and wonder if it's worth uploading any if there are already maidump versions on here.

Yeah there are soo many things that got ported to the psp back in it's day >__<

I'm actually unsure about how DLC works on the psp. Iv had a tiny bit of experience with wipe out and the game it's self download stuff to its self so I don't know if you can install DLC the same way you can on vita...

Umm yeah I guess, my yeah DLC on the psp is kinda a mystery so that probably why we don't have a section for it... yet. if people find a bunch of it and have a good process for installing them then a section probably will get made.

I was going to install h-encore to attempt to fix my vita but o got lazy and then the 3.69 update happened so that's not happening now :P
Im my experience NoNpDRM is better then maidump as mai dumps are decrypted version of the game so there easy to install, dump and mod but the vita doesn't see it as a real game install NoNpDRM dumps and install the games encrypted so the vita sees it's like any other legit install game so multiplayer, patches and any other PSN stuff should work fine. maidump came befoul NoNpDRM and stuck around for ages so most of the vita games are dumped as mai dumps

• Like 2

Welcome to NGR "Vintage Gamer" lol :D  You know the only consoles I never really had a chance to play were Saturn, Dreamcast, and TG16. I heard so much about the DC but never really could afford one and the emus never seem to get working. Anyways welcome and hope you like it here. (wow so many new faces today!)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for joining us welcome! And you have good taste the Dreamcast is my go to console I don't own one sadly but god do I have roms and a emulator for it lol. Enjoy yourself we are a open community and welcome new peeps.

• Like 3

Welcome to NGR Family! 

We are the ultimate chill spot on the interwebz. Please enjoy your stay here with us!!!

-Val

• Like 2