TheRadziu

[5.05] Dumping Games, updates, DLCs, Themes and creating pkg files

Here is my attempt at dumping tutorial, especially that there are no DLC dumping tutorials, so here is the very first one :)

Game/Patch Dumping:
You'll need:
-PS4 with 5.05 FW,
-USB HDD/Pendrive formatted as exFAT,
-Fake PKG Generator v3.38 - Please login or register to see this link.
-vortex 5.05 Dumper ( +gengp4 ) - Please login or register to see this link.

1. Download  latest 'ps4-dumper-vtx.zip' and extract it somewhere on PC, do the same with Fake PKG generator,
2. (optional, but recommended) Connect your exFAT HDD/Pendrive to pc, from extracted dumper archive copy dumper.cfg (its in directory 'config') to the root of your pendrive/HDD. 
3. On the console run  the game you want to dump, when it fully loads to main menu press PS button to minimalize it,
4. Connect your HDD/Pendrive to the PS4,
5. Run ps4 dumper on your PS4 using preferred way (either standalone (via html) or payload (via bin) - recommended ps4-exploit-host + standalone html)
NOTE: if you are using the standalone version of the dumper you'll need to keep the webpage open.
6. It'll start dumping the game + patch (into a single CUSAXXXXX-app directory, or CUSAXXXXX-app and CUSAXXXXX-patch if you didnt put dumper.cfg on the root of your USB or you did not edit `split` value)
7. After dumping process is done your console will shut down, you can now disconnect USB from your PS4 and connect it to PC,
8. Run genpg4.exe (its in gengp4 directory from ps4 dumper archive), now using this tool open CUSAXXXXX directory from your USB
9. Press 'Generate .GP4' and then 'Save .GP4', do the same with CUSAXXXXX-patch dir if you have one,
10. Open orbis-pub-gen.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), click File -> open -> and select .GP4 file you just created,
11. Press Command -> Project Setting -> Package tab, check if ContentID is correct & passcode is set to '00000000000000000000000000000000', now close that window
12. Press Command -> Build Image -> Set Output Path, this is where your fpkg will be saved,
13. Press Build and wait till pkg is built, thats it, you just created fake pkg game/patch file you or someone else can install and use on their jailbroken PS4.

DLC Dumping (with Extra Data):
You'll need:
-PS4 with 5.05 FW,
-FTP client on PC (for example FileZilla)
-Fake PKG Generator 3.38 - Please login or register to see this link.
-vortex 5.05 FTP server - Please login or register to see this link.

1. Download  latest 'ps4-ftp-vtx.zip' and extract it somewhere on PC, do the same with Fake PKG generator, 
2. On the console run  the game you want to dump DLCs from, when it fully loads to main menu press PS button to minimalize it,
3. Run ps4 ftp server on your PS4 using preferred way (either standalone (via html ) or payload (via bin) - recommended ps4-exploit-host + standalone  html )
NOTE: if you are using the standalone version of the ftp server you'll need to keep the webpage open. 
4. On your PC connect to the PS4 using FTP client (IP_of_your_ps4:1337)
5. Navigate to `/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/'
6. Download directories that end with '-ac', those are decrypted DLC files (example -> '/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39FUTURE00-ac')
7. Open orbis-pub-sfo.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), and then:
- Change Category to '(PS4) Additional Content',
- Set ContentID (for example 'EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39FUTURE00'),
- Click Title Text on the left, set AC title (Default Language) to DLC's Name (for example 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone Future Sound'),
- Press File -> Save and save it in your DLC's directory, in sce_sys subdirectory as param.sfo (for example: 'EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39FUTURE00-ac/sce_sys/param.sfo')
8. Open orbis -pub-gen.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), click File -> New Project -> Additional Content Package with Extra Data,
9. Double click on Image0, when it opens drop contents of your DLC directory inside (sce_sys directory + anything else (files or directories) it has)
10.  Close this window, now press Commands -> Project settings -> Package tab, set contentID (for example: EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39FUTURE00) and set passcode to '00000000000000000000000000000000', make sure entitlement key is also set to '00000000000000000000000000000000' 
11. Press Command -> Build Image -> Set Output Path, this is where your fpkg will be saved,
12. Press Build and wait till pkg is built, thats it, you just created fake pkg DLC file you or someone else can install and use on their jailbroken PS4.

DLC Dumping (without Extra Data - DLC unlocks):
You'll need:
-Fake PKG Generator v3.38 - Please login or register to see this link.
NOTE: ContentIDs can be obtained from PlayStation Store Webpage, after you find the certain DLC its full contentid will be in store item's URL. Additionally, you can confirm its DLC unlock by checking Size information on the left size(under PEGI rating/Genre). If its missing its most likely unlock DLC. Another way to obtain those is to use PSDLE web browser extension. Unlock DLCs DO NOT HAVE pkg links to them and also it will give you exact contentid for the items that do not have their store pages (for example delisted DLCs, promo DLCs or Preorder DLCs).

Easy Method:
1. Download this python3 script to you Fake PKG Generator's directory: Please login or register to see this link.
2. Run it through CMD with DLC contentid and DLC name as parameters, for example:  ez_fake_dlc.py  EP9000-CUSA04943_00-ACEUCROWXXXXXXXX "Gravity Rush 2: The Ark of Time - Raven's Choice"
3. fPKG Unlock DLC file(s) will be created in 'fake_dlc_pkg' directory. 

Manual method:
1. Open  orbis -pub-sfo.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), and then:
- Change Category to '(PS4) Additional Content',
- Set ContentID (for example 'UP9000-CUSA03694_00-ACUSCROWXXXXXXXX'),
- Click Title Text on the left, set AC title (Default Language) to DLC's Name (for example 'Gravity Rush 2: The Ark of Time - Raven's Choice'),
- Press File -> Save and save it in somewhere, in sce_sys subdirectory as param.sfo (for example: 'DLC_unlock/sce_sys/param.sfo')
2. Open orbis  -pub-gen.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), click File -> New Project -> Additional Content Package without Extra Data
3. Double click on Image0, when it opens drop sce_sys directory with param.sfo you just created inside,
4. Close this window, now press Commands -> Project settings -> Package tab, set contentID (for example: UP9000-CUSA03694_00-ACUSCROWXXXXXXXX) and set passcode to '00000000000000000000000000000000', make sure entitlement key is also set to '00000000000000000000000000000000' 
5. Press Command -> Build Image -> Set Output Path, this is where your fpkg will be saved,
6. Press Build and wait till pkg is built, thats it, you just created fake pkg DLC unlock file you or someone else can install and use on their jailbroken PS4.

Themes dumping:
You'll need:
-PS4 with 5.05 FW,
-FTP client on PC (for example FileZilla)
-Fake PKG Generator v3.12 - Please login or register to see this link.
-vortex 5.05 FTP server - Please login or register to see this link.
NOTE: Dumped themes are as iffy as custom themes.

1. Download  latest 'ps4- ftp -vtx.zip' and extract it somewhere on PC, do the same with Fake PKG generator, 
2. On the console select/use/enable the theme you want to dump
3. Run ps4 ftp server on your PS4 using preferred way (either standalone (via html ) or payload (via bin) - recommended ps4-exploit-host + standalone  html )
NOTE: if you are using the standalone version of the ftp server you'll need to keep the webpage open. 
4. On your PC connect to the PS4 using FTP client (IP_of_your_ps4:1337)
5. Navigate to `/mnt/sandbox/ pfsmnt /'
6. Download the single directory that ends with '-ac' (example -> '/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/EP0002-CUSA07399_00-CRASHNSANETHEME5-ac')
7. Open  orbis -pub-sfo.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), and then:
- Change Category to '(PS4) System Software Theme',
- Set ContentID (for example 'EP0002-CUSA07399_00-CRASHNSANETHEME5'),
- Click Title Text on the left, set Theme title (Default Language) to Theme's Name (for example 'Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Free Theme'), and Theme Provider to anything (for example: Activision)
- Press File -> Save and save it in your Theme's directory, in sce_sys subdirectory as param.sfo (for example: 'EP0002-CUSA07399_00-CRASHNSANETHEME5-ac/sce_sys/param.sfo')
8. Open orbis  -pub-gen.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), click File -> New Project -> System Software Theme Package,
9. Double click on Image0, when it opens drop contents of your Theme's directory inside (sce_sys directory + anything else (files or directories) it has)
10.  Close this window, now press Commands -> Project settings -> Package tab, set contentID (for example: EP0002-CUSA07399_00-CRASHNSANETHEME5) and set passcode to '00000000000000000000000000000000',
11. Press Command -> Build Image -> Set Output Path, this is where your fpkg will be saved,
12. Press Build and wait till pkg is built, thats it, you just created fake pkg Theme file you or someone else can install and use on their jailbroken PS4.

Due to some misunderstandings here are some important notes about DLCs:
-To use fake Unlock DLC you need the required patch Installed, since (unlock) DLC itself does not contain any game files, for example: Stormy Ascent DLC for N.Sane trilogy requires AT LEAST Patch 1.01 installed,
-Unlock DLCs can be hit and miss, for example in my tests all faked Unlock DLCs worked just fine (assuming required Patch was installed) but I had one report that Horizon Zero Dawn (not complete edition!) refused to unlock those DLCs after fpkg was installed. Contentids seemed to be correct as they were pulled from the actual DLC license(s) and they did match PSDLE export. 
-Dumped DLCs (with data confirmed, without data not yet confirmed) can be used on retail games. For example, I did use Yffev's DLCs for Future Tone I was missing and they worked on my copy of a game(and I did not reinstall fpkg version of it, so game is still 'untouched'). There is small catch: if you have other 'purchased' DLCs installed they WILL STOP WORKING OUTSIDE HEN, so to use all DLCs in general YOU'LL need to enable HEN before playing the game with those DLCs.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

;__; gonna have to reinstall all my 4.55 games to get updates

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the tutorial for 5.05 but I mainly registered to add one important step:

If you have a patch directory(i.e. CUSAXXXXX-app and CUSAXXXXX-patch), when making the patch PKG, you MUST have the app PKG file AND GP4 for both in the SAME DIRECTORY upon creation or you will receive an error and it will not continue. It seems when making a patch PKG, it looks for the base game and GP4 files to go with it. They still get made as separate PKG files, but for the patch, those extra steps must be taken. 

So, after dumping the game, it's:

-Create GP4 files for game and patch
-Create PKG for base game
-Make sure PKG for the base game as well as the GP4 files for both game and patch are in the same directory
-Create patch PKG to the same directory as those three files.

EDIT: 

Looks like the reason for this is that the PKG creator uses the base game and both GP4 files to check for changes from the patch and the base game. This just came up in the log window:

[Warn] Number of chunks was changed by the patch/remaster. (65 -> 66) Confirm that it is an intentional change.

Edited by hausofpain
added more info

@hausofpain You're right, I didn't mention this step just because I never experienced it. As I recommend in the tutorial I use split=0, in order to dump game with merged patch, so I dont have to build two separate pkg files

l'm at final step but can't press build because of app size. Any help?

Please login or register to see this link.

Faked DLCs confirmed working on Gravity Rush 2 EU copy with the latest patch. Now you can dump any kind of DLC :)

@Nema try maximalizing the window

Posted (edited)

@Please login or register to see this link.

Worked thx.

Edited by Nema

Updated tutorial with:
-Easy Fake DLC Unlock creation via my Python3 script,
-Note how to obtain contentids for Unlock DLCs that have no store page (for example preorder DLCs, promo DLCs or delisted DLCs)
-How to dump themes,

Enjoy :)

I try with 4 games and only 2 let me take the dlc and the theme official of FFX when I try to install in other ps4 make an error CE-35668-8

as I said, themes are iffy. It probably errored on install but in the end it installed. 

About DLCs - that means rest of the DLCs were unlock dlcs.

You'rr right.  The theme was installed. 

The dlc of the games far cry 4 and fairy fencer F I could take them.

But in the games tokyo xanadu ex and star ocean the dlc in mnt/sandbox/ pfsmnt / they did not appear and I followed the same steps

@LeonToralla as I said, if they are missing from game's sandbox that means they are DLC unlocks, you need to follow DLC Dumping (without Extra Data - DLC unlocks) part of the tutorial for those.

Posted (edited)

please help

Go to x 5% only

What is the solution to this problem  !!

[Debug]    2018-06-01 03:20:34 Create image Process started.
[Debug]    nptitle.dat: NP Title file.
[Debug]    (online check) Could not set up HTTPS connection. (Could not get proxy)
[Warn]    ( cfwprophet ) Hacked Version.
[Warn]    (online check) SDK Version 02.508 may or may not be used for master submission. (unconfirmed version)
[Debug]    (online check) Could not set up HTTPS connection. (Could not get proxy)
[Warn]    (online check) Publishing Tools Version 2.89 may or may not be used for master submission. (unconfirmed version)
[Debug]    icon0.png: 512x512/24bit.
[Debug]    pic0.png: 1920x1080/24bit.
[Debug]    pic1.png: 1920x1080/24bit.
[Warn]    Format of the elf file is not valid. (Warning) (eboot.bin, already stripped, which must not be stripped)
[Warn]    Received abort message.
[Error]    Could not create compressed file. (C:\Users\mahmoud\AppData\Local\Temp\ps4pub\build00000c245b109f62\00000020.tpfs)
[Debug]    Original file path = data/disc/movie2.cpk.
[Debug]    Original file size = 11687914656.
[Debug]    Disk Free Space (C:) = 80828260352.
[Error]    2018-06-01 03:21:15 Create image Process finished with error(s).

Edited by moudly

Posted (edited)

I’m having the same issues reaches 5% then 

[Debug]    2018-06-01 03:20:34 Create image Process started.
[Debug]    nptitle.dat: NP Title file.
[Warn]    (online check) SDK Version 02.508 may or may not be used for master submission. (unconfirmed version)
[Warn]    (online check) Publishing Tools Version 2.89 may or may not be used for master submission. (unconfirmed version)
[Debug]    icon0.png: 512x512/24bit.
[Debug]    pic0.png: 1920x1080/24bit.
[Debug]    pic1.png: 1920x1080/24bit.
[Warn]    Format of the elf file is not valid. (Warning) (eboot.bin, already stripped, which must not be stripped)
[Warn]    Received abort message.
[Error]    Could not create compressed file. (C:\Users\mahmoud\AppData\Local\Temp\ps4pub\build00000c245b109f62\00000020.tpfs)
[Debug]    Original file path = data/disc/movie2.cpk.
[Debug]    Original file size = Please login or register to see this link. .
[Debug]    Disk Free Space (C:) = Please login or register to see this link. .
[Error]    2018-06-01 03:21:15 Create image Process finished with error(s).

This is with Uncharted Collections any help will be much appreciated, oh side note Titanfall 2 does work

Edited by deatharis

Posted (edited)

Hello! I'm on Firmware 5.05 and using the XVortex Dumper. The dump worked fine on Monster Hunter World, I created the .pg4 file but the .pkg creation does abort at 11% and shows an error as seen below in the attachment. (it is the same as the user above me has).  I tried redumping the game and recreating the .pg4 file, but nothing changes. Help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

log.txt

Edited by PS4_2013
Saw the person above me has the same problem.

Posted (edited)

Hi, first off I wanna thank you for sharing this tutorial, its some excellent work.

I am having trouble building DLC unlocks that work, I am trying to build fake DLC pkg for any of these 6 items:

JbVpzaq.jpg

Everything points to them being DLC without extra data as they dont show up though FTP as -ac directories and they dont show filesize on PSDLE. 

I have built the 128Kb pkg files following the tutorial but they just dont work in the game.  I tried doing it manually and also using your .py script (which is awesome, btw!), I built the pkg and I've installed them but they seemingly do nothing. I own two PS4 consoles, a slim with 5.05 and a pro on 4.55 (for testing purposes).

I have the game updated to v1.22 on my 4.55 system which should be more than enough to get day-1 unlockable items from Horizon Zero Dawn (I'd also like to note that I own the physical disc and it's inserted during the process in case it matters whatsoever) I do not have my PSN linked profile in this console though, only 'guest' accounts. I do not have any issues building DLC with extra content though, they work like a charm and I am very grateful for it.

I tried uninstalling the game and all its contents and reinstalling, I have started a new game multiple times but the bonus items are never there. At this point I just dont know whether Im doing something wrong or its these particular DLCs that cannot be faked (they are deluxe or limited edition DLC), maybe theres a secret requirement that I'm not meeting or maybe God is plotting against me :KannaSpooky:

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by tubes

Is there any safe way to re-download games on 5.05?

@moudly @deatharis (multiacc or you just copy pasted his log?) @PS4_2013
I'm pretty sure its your OS permission problem. Try running gen as an admin. 

@tubes
No clue. The only thing I can think of is invalid contentid(s). Did you use the ones from PlayStation Store or from your PSDLE export? Are they the same in both cases?
btw, didn't you ask me the same question on psxhax thread :D ?

@nanashi89
There is no way (at all) to redownload games on any firmware that is not latest firmware (5.53 right now iirc) 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, tubes said:

I am having trouble building DLC unlocks that work, I am trying to build fake DLC pkg for any of these 6 items:

Any help would be appreciated.

According to a quick google search you have to reach a certain point in-game to acquire the items, have you done so? Also are you installing them to HZD standard edition or complete edition? I would imagine they don't work with the complete edition as they are probably included.

I successfully created a working SotC pre-order DLC thanks to this great guide. The only issue I had was that the DLC title does not show up in the games 'installed add-ons', it simply shows ' - ' but the DLC works. The title is present as it shows in the param editor and also in pkg viewer.

Edited by SoraforHorizon

3 minutes ago, SoraforHorizon said:

I successfully created a working SotC pre-order DLC thanks to this great guide. The only issue I had was that the DLC title does not show up in the games 'installed add-ons', it simply shows ' - ' but the DLC works. The title is present as it shows in the param editor and also in pkg viewer.

You're welcome. 

Yes, this is a bug I can't figure out, most likely it would have to be patched via payload in order for ps4 to properly display those names, idk. First ever fPKG DLCs from march (persona 5 dlcs) also have this issue. 
In the end its just esthetics so I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TheRadziu said:

You're welcome. 

Yes, this is a bug I can't figure out, most likely it would have to be patched via payload in order for ps4 to properly display those names, idk. First ever fPKG DLCs from march (persona 5 dlcs) also have this issue. 
In the end its just esthetics so I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'm glad it's a bug rather than a user mistake!

Just in case you're interested I noticed that if you backup an official game and then overwrite the disc installation with the fpkg (I did this so I didn't have to use the disc) any already installed DLC remains installed - DLC without data continues to function and DLC with data is detected but will not work properly, presumably because the file structure is altered by reinstalling. For example Persona 5's DLC unlocks continue to work but Japanese audio will not play when selected. Probably obvious but I thought I'd mention it. I will of course be reinstalling the Japanese audio DLC and hopefully that will fix it.

Edited by SoraforHorizon

27 minutes ago, SoraforHorizon said:

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'm glad it's a bug rather than a user mistake!

Just in case you're interested I noticed that if you backup an official game and then overwrite the disc installation with the fpkg (I did this so I didn't have to use the disc) any already installed DLC remains installed - DLC without data continues to function and DLC with data is detected but will not work properly, presumably because the file structure is altered by reinstalling. For example Persona 5's DLC unlocks continue to work but Japanese audio will not play when selected. Probably obvious but I thought I'd mention it. I will of course be reinstalling the Japanese audio DLC and hopefully that will fix it.

its prob decrypted vs encrypted files conflict. 

Although it does work the other way around - you can use fpkg dlcs on retail (digital or retail) while being HEN enabled. As an example: I did install remaining future tone dlcs on my non-fpkg installed game and they do work. Catch is legit dlcs stopped working without hen enabled, but do with hen enabled. 

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi,i'm trying to dump the BD European version of this game,and it's impossible for me.This is the problems i found: -Dump only base game Ok,patch game,empty folder.Trying with all the options.Never dump this folder. (patch) -When try to fpkg,param.sfo gives an error in orbis pub,it's impossible to fpkg.I get this same param.sfo from two different folders making ftp,but with no luck,always gives error.Try to edit the param.sfo,when try to change the version always gives error too. -So,i'm desesperated,it's impossible to dump this game? and why the patch doesn't dump? nobody has dumped this game??,so,if can someone can help me,it will be fantastic.Thank you.

@johnny2k4 What error exactly orbis publish tools are giving you? Is this older game (pre 4.50 FW?) or recent release (5.05 FW at max) ? Also send me param.sfo dumper created in your CUSAXXXXX-app/sce_sys/ directory

About dumping game patch, silly question but do you even have this/any patch installed for this game? Did you try to use split=3 and it gave you just empty CUSAXXXXX-patch directory?