Sign in to follow this  
Ravenstorm

Recite Hiragana with Virtual Youtuber Mirai!

Mirai probably has one of the most absolutely cutest and memorable melodic recitation of the hiragana table that I've seen in the 100s of hiragana vids that I've watched. When she sways side to side while reciting, it's so hypnotic! I learned pronunciation very good from this video.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ravenstorm
      TANOSHII
      When a person is having fun or is about to have fun or enjoying themselves, I often hear them exclaiming "TANOSHII!". It's important to sound out both of those I's!
      Please login or register to see this spoiler. So now you know how to understand the meaning of HAVING FUN / ENJOYMENT in Japanese! Tanoshii~ Tanoshii~
      (Of course there is various ways to say it in speech, but this is just a basic discussion. Feel free to get more detailed!)
    • By Ravenstorm
      This is my favorite site to test my kana knowledge :
      Please login or register to see this link.
      I mainly used the Drag N Drop ones for hiragana (haven't touched much katakana YET). It doesn't have han/dakuten, but it's a great start if you learn quickly by drag and drop. I memorize things very fast this way. I made my own game similar to this because it inspired me so much.
      Sample pic of what I'm talking about:
      Please login or register to see this link.
      There's also other useful learning material on this site like flash cards and stroke order help if you are looking to write (but seriously, who even writes that much anymore?).
    • By RyouBakura
      Okay, so I thought it would be useful to talk about the most efficient (for me) way I've found to learn Japanese.
      So like any other language learner, I've had a very hard time trying to find a method that not only suits my interests, but also gives me the feeling of constant advancement. I personally learned to read the Kanas without much effort. It all started when I was watching a children's anime on TV on my Spring break, it was Les Miserables. When the break was over and I had to back to school, I looked up the show on Kissanime and continued it there in Japanese. The opening was really slow and the lyrics seemed simple. Little by little and after 30 episodes, I got 4 Hiragana syllables and the concept of the Handakuten memorized.
      Please login or register to see this spoiler. As time went on, I kept learning Hiragana little by little and writing them when I had nothing better to do. But I didn't feel like I was interested in learning Japanese, or maybe I just wasn't subconscious of it. But about 2 years ago, I decided to take the leap.
      For 6 months, I tried audiobook, looking up words on specific subjects, checking NHK's Easy Japanese... But nothing sticks. Then I came across a certain topic on Kanji Koohi forums made by a guy who quit Japanese a long time ago and decided to start again from zero, and helping other people using his method. The guide is referred to as Please login or register to see this link. , and starts off with utilizing Memrise, a flashcard site similar to Anki, but with easier interaction with the userbase, and more open.
      I skipped the first 2 courses, since they covered the Kanas, which I've already taken care of, and jumped to Kanji, which was utilized using the RTK method established by Heisig. RTK is the most efficient way to learn kanji, which makes the learner divide the Kanji into radicals, giving each radical a specific meaning (which might differ from its actual meaning) and make up a story in his mind combining the radicals and the Kanji's meaning.
      Before, I was reluctant on learning Kanji and thought it was unneeded. Oh holy Garfield's lasagna was I wrong. Kanji opened up a whole new world, and made Tae Kim's guide a whole lot easier. Which is IMO the best basic grammar guide for Japanese.
      Also, while on Memrise, I found A LOT of high-quality courses focusing on Vocab. So I started doing the ones based off of Genki, and some that are specific to a certain anime (like Fairy Tail and Dagashi Kashi)
      As of late, my current study pattern contains the following:
      About 2 hours on the courses I've mentioned on Memrise. Reading 2-3 children's story using this Please login or register to see this link. (I'm only allowed a maximum of 3 books per day as a free user) I also try to fit -when I have the chance- watching an anime that I've watched before, but without the subs. I pick an anime with a modern-feel, that doesn't have obscure words or unused dialects like the popular Shounen anime. The one I'm currently re-watching is AnoHana. Things I do irregularly:
      Watch videos posted by Please login or register to see this link. Using Please login or register to see this link. to translate songs that I like. If there exists an English translation on the net, I compare it to the one I made. And that's pretty much it. Thought I'd share my experience for the small chance of it being beneficial to someone else.
    • By LuzianoZOMBI3
      All fonts from the Japanese font company Fontworks, used from your favorite Japanese games on various consoles.

Folder Link:
      Please login or register to see this spoiler.  
      All fonts are in an organized folder in ABC order, enjoy!
    • By Ravenstorm
      The things people do for Youtube fame.