Sign in to follow this  
vladone97

A few questions about the latest Switch exploit.

I've been thinking of getting a Switch when I found out about Fusee Gelee, but I have a few questions.

First of all, I know it can't be fixed with a firmware update, only with a hardware revision. If I wait and buy the Switch when a CFW comes out, what are my chances of getting a hackable console?

Secondly, I didn't understand exactly how the hacking process is going to work. Will it require opening up the console or will I be able to hack it via software only?

Finally, this being the site that it is: will this CFW enable Switch piracy?

• Upvote 1

Hi @vladone97 ,

• CFW would be out within a few weeks in my opinion, it MIGHT get harder to find a switch from online stores. I'd suggest you purchase now if you have the funds.
  • It will be a software hack and won't require you opening up the console as far as I know. (I may be wrong.)
  • Yes, Piracy will be possible with this exploit. We will open up a switch downloads section for regular members soon.
  • Upvote 3

so basically with Fusee Gelee exploit we can buy switch without worrying any firmware??

That is what they claim but they haven't released the exploit so no one aside from two hacking groups can divulge anything about the exploit.  
Better to wait and see.

• Upvote 1