Sign in to follow this  
Okonomiyaki-Chan

I forgot that I made an account here, but better late than never. Hello!

Hey everyone! I'm Okonomiyaki-Chan, Oko/Okonomi/whatever-you-want for short. I'm from Ohio, the land of corn, corn, and more corn. I've been a gamer since before I was in elementary school and am currently pursuing a major in Asian Studies focusing on Japanese language and culture so that I can work on localization and translation. I'm also a terrible artist who is trying to get better (I promise!).

I hope that as I develop my language skills I can become a bit more useful to the community and start working on translation projects that I've been interested in.

I hope we get along!:megumihappy:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A fellow weeb emerges! :amazingvani: Quick, catch her before she gets away! :masterball:

Welcome aboard, always nice to have people interested in translation projects. Hope to see you around. :megumihappy:

• Upvote 2

Thanks!:KannaWave:

Love the name and avatar. :SugoiDesu:Yu-Gi-Oh! was my jam growing up. Had boxes and boxes overflowing with cards. Been meaning to go back and watch the show agains sometime. Maybe in Japanese if I can find it.

Once again, thanks!

• Upvote 2

I went back to watching later episodes of GX in subbed. Because I kind of wanted to see what happened, and more so because the OP Teardrop is one of my favorite anime songs. Ended up dropping it though because I couldn't get back into it.

Also, still have my Yu-Gi-Oh cards, even if I don't use them anymore, I won't give them up for anything. :D

• Upvote 2

I don't remember if I saw all of GX. I remember getting to 5Ds and kinda falling off after that.

I do wonder what happened to all of those cards I used to have. My brother might have sold them. Either that or they are buried somewhere far away in my father's house. Bummer too. We had some really nice ones. :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yahoo~

Welcome to NextGenRoms fellow weeb :KannaWave:

Better late than never i guess, hope you enjoy your stay here ^-^

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Heya and welcome, we seem to have much in common! :D The only difference in your entire intro post from myself is that I study Japanese and translate games as a hobby instead of a major (I am still learning too though).

I was thinking about making a Learning Japanese club on here too. What do you think?

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the warm welcomes you guys!

7 hours ago, Ravenstorm said:

I was thinking about making a Learning Japanese club on here too. What do you think?

I'd be very interested in hearing more about a Learning Japanese club! I've been studying off an on since I haven't had the opportunity to dig deeper with college classes not lining up ideally. Plus, having other people interested in learning Japanese can serve as a means to keep people interested and motivated.

I'd love to hear more about it! :megumihappy:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@Okonomiyaki-Chan

Awesome! Well right the club is nothing more than an idea right now, but I figured to start from the ground up which would meaning starting with learning/teaching kana. Who knows, maybe we could even make a game or videos about it. I definitely think it helps to have people to study with. A lot of people claim to learn the entire kana tables in 2 hours or 2 days or whatever, but I don't learn THAT fast, haha! I do learn faster when talking about it with other people though. Even with just a few people I think it could be fun and beneficial.

We could build on sections over time as we learn. I think one of the best ways to learn is by teaching what I just learned.

I went ahead and started up the club.

Please login or register to see this link.

It's bare bones right now, so if anyone has any suggestions please suggest~

• Upvote 3

Welcome to the site, doesn't matter if you're late to introducing yourself :D 

Have fun!

(I will be active soon, I promise)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome to NGR mate!

Enjoy your stay here with us and have fun.

P.S. You may wanna hide your cookies.. Raven likes to jack cookies :)

-Val

• Upvote 2