Sign in to follow this  
ckv1212

release [Release] 4.05 Kexploit by Specterdev

source : Please login or register to see this link.

It’s finally here! 2 Months after Team Please login or register to see this link.  revealed the technical details of a Kernel Exploit for firmware 4.05, Developer Please login or register to see this link.  released a functional implementation today.

The release is fresh and I haven’t taken the time to test it yet (plus, I’m on 4.01 right now and will need to update), but there’s no reason at this point to doubt this release. If you’re running a PS4 4.05, please give it a try and report in the comments.

• Related: Please login or register to see this link.

Understand that this release, in its current state, might not be 100% user friendly. But, fingers crossed, this should open up the PS4 scene a little bit more, and hopefully new developments will make this very interesting.

Specifically, SpecterDev states:

In this project you will find a full implementation of the “namedobj” kernel exploit for the PlayStation 4 on 4.05. It will allow you to run arbitrary code as kernel, to allow jailbreaking and kernel-level modifications to the system. This release however, does not contain any code related to defeating anti-piracy mechanisms or running homebrew. This exploit does include a loader that listens for payloads on port 9020 and will execute them upon receival.

Credits

SpecterDev credits the following people for their contribution to the exploit (besides Fail0verflow):

• qwertyoruiopz
  • Flatz
  • CTurt
  • Anonymous

Download and install PS4 4.05 Kernel Exploit

You can download the Files on SpecterDev’s github Please login or register to see this link. .

Additionally, The hacker has released a sample payload to enable the Debug settings. you can find it Please login or register to see this link. .

To run the exploit, you need to have a console on firmware 4.05. If you are below 4.05, you can update to 4.05 by finding the right update file online. If you are above 4.05, you cannot downgrade and this exploit will not work for you.

You’ll need to host the exploit files on a local server, and access the index.html file through Webkit on the PS4. Once the exploit runs successfully, the console will be listening for payloads on port 9020. You can send the payloads with command netcat from your computer.

I apologize as my explanation’s very rough for now. More as we dive into it ourselves!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ckv1212 said:
  • qwertyoruiopz

so he was not lying, he did have an exploit! :) 

Welp if someone has a PS4 on 4.05 or lower go for it and maybe wirte up a guide ^-^

To bad that mine is on 4.55 updated accidentally a few months ago  :r.i.p:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ravenstorm
      Ever imagine what it's like to be forcibly inflicted with amnesia and grouped with a bunch of highly elite and eccentric students (example: a tennis player offing an entire Mafia group with steel balls), and then being constantly coerced into killing them to save your own ass?  Or maybe you just want to be the nice person and try to find a way out of the mess.  Either way, this game will play on your nerves, conscious, and make you suspect literally everyone. 

The gameplay is mainly walking around and finding areas of interest/clues, playing minigames (driving on a psychic highway, solving block puzzles, etc.) and going through "debates" where you must quickly assess people's statements and find flaws, or, this time around, even lie to get the real truth.  I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay, but there is an Easy Mode to quickly get through them if you just wanna enjoy the story.
      I've personally played the first 2 games and thoroughly enjoyed the characters and plot. It took me a while to adapt to the Hope / Despair (mostly despair) combo, but once I got past the initial shock value, I was hungry for more crazy humor and dark drama.  Interestingly, this game seems to combine characters from the first two games, at least from what the demo showed, anyway (who knows, it could be a trick, Spike Chunsoft  is very tricksy!). 
      Oh, and do yourself a favor (or don't), don't mistake this for a waifu/husbando sim, because NO ONE IS TRULY SAFE when it comes to death and despair in this series! >:)
      The demo for the new Danganronpa 3 game is out.  The official full English releases will be on:
      NA: September 26, 2017
      EU: September 29, 2017
      AU: October 6, 2017
      If you complete the demo, you will get a "secret reward" upon buying the full game.  (no idea what that will be)
      Please login or register to see this link.
    • By RyouBakura
      So Sega announced they will bringing a Please login or register to see this link. to the PC. Starting with Yakuza 0, followed by Kiwami and Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Yakuza 0 will be hitting Steam This first of August, with 4K resolution (which I don't care about). With a price tag of $20, hopefully this move will help them succeed in exposing the series to a wider player-base.
    • By nanashi89

Please?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Axeo30
      So im a bit disappointed and anyone here can correct me if im wrong. I was watching the Sony press conference and I saw on the schedule beforehand they'd have a new trailer for Yakuza Kiwami 2. Sadly it never showed. I even tried Youtubing it to see if it showed. Honestly I feel sega dropped the ball here. Yeah its just a remake but to me its alot more. This will be the first of the remakes to use the Dragon engine from Yakuza 6. So I have high hopes for it. Plus the story is Solid, despite popular opinion. I have been playing it on PS2 and im looking forward to August when it comes out.