Please disable your ad-block bro. We don't have any annoying ads, just a google ad at the bottom of the page. Ads help pay for the server. Thanks a lot in advance and Happy gaming!

NoNpDrm09

4 Questions : Concerning SD2VITA

Question

Question 1 : Does you need to format new micro sd card to use for sd2vita ? Even tough the mem card is new !

Question 2 : How to mount sony memory card as uma0 when already install sd2vita on PSV ?

Question 3 : Say if I'm suddenly want to change back my psv to it's original state before i'm install sd2vita, What should i do ?

Question 4 : Say if I'm want to play my game card is safe to remove sd2vita from PSV and what will happaned to my save if my sony mem card already mount as uma0, will my save game from game card will be lost ?

Edited by NoNpDrm09

12 answers to this question

1. Yes you need to  use an app (win32 disk image) to inject an image into the SD then format it in order to use before hand. (check tutorial)

2. That's a question that I somehow manage to do but then broke it again and lost it cuz I didnt write the step down xD and I dont care to find out atm, but basically you need SD2Vita driver and dingle in the file inside the folder "TAI/" named "config.txt", the point is that im not sure if its the one from UR0 (which basically is the one I use to mount my SD2vita) or UX0 or UMA0 in order to make both cards appear. Probably some one can help you with that, you can ask @Djdragon44

3. Hold R when you turn you vita on, it reset to default, but then you gotta do the repeat the steps to have SD2vita active again.

a) Yes you can remove your SD vita and use other cart without problem. Just remeber to modify the config.txt to switch back to Memory Card. (Im unsure if you need to edit the config.txt or if its done automatically, as in probably if you remove the SD2vita the memory card automatically become UX0 on reboot)

b) Your game cart save its store on the memory card so it should be safe. If you want to make a manual backup of the save data on the SD or Memory card you can just go into "ux0:user/00/savedata/" here you look for the title_id of the game and copy it and save it somwhere else on your pc, in order to restore you do the same but this time you paste it.

Please be aware that the games you play on the SD2vita the save data are store under the same path but into the SD. While games carts you have play the save data is on the memory card. 

2 hours ago, fixagel said:

1. Yes you need to  use an app (win32 disk image) to inject an image into the SD then format it in order to use before hand. (check tutorial)

2. That's a question that I somehow manage to do but then broke it again and lost it cuz I didnt write the step down xD and I dont care to find out atm, but basically you need SD2Vita driver and dingle in the file inside the folder "TAI/" named "config.txt", the point is that im not sure if its the one from UR0 (which basically is the one I use to mount my SD2vita) or UX0 or UMA0 in order to make both cards appear. Probably some one can help you with that, you can ask @Djdragon44

3. Hold R when you turn you vita on, it reset to default, but then you gotta do the repeat the steps to have SD2vita active again.

a) Yes you can remove your SD vita and use other cart without problem. Just remeber to modify the config.txt to switch back to Memory Card. (Im unsure if you need to edit the config.txt or if its done automatically, as in probably if you remove the SD2vita the memory card automatically become UX0 on reboot)

b) Your game cart save its store on the memory card so it should be safe. If you want to make a manual backup of the save data on the SD or Memory card you can just go into "ux0:user/00/savedata/" here you look for the title_id of the game and copy it and save it somwhere else on your pc, in order to restore you do the same but this time you paste it.

Please be aware that the games you play on the SD2vita the save data are store under the same path but into the SD. While games carts you have play the save data is on the memory card. 

About your answer no. 4-a) I didn't get it what i had to modify config.txt on sony memory ? So say if i'm remove sd2vita play game card without sony memory card that means i' had not save data on the game i'm played before right ? So, if i had my sony memory were already became uma0 that's means i'm will lost my save data since you said save from game card it's store in sony memory card, Am i right ? That's why you suggest that i'm manually back my save data. Thank you.

21 minutes ago, NoNpDrm09 said:

About your answer no. 4-a) I didn't get it what i had to modify config.txt on sony memory ? So say if i'm remove sd2vita play game card without sony memory card that means i' had not save data on the game i'm played before right ? So, if i had my sony memory were already became uma0 that's means i'm will lost my save data since you said save from game card it's store in sony memory card, Am i right ? That's why you suggest that i'm manually back my save data. Thank you.

To tell you the truth im not really sure about that part so I may as well edit it and wait till some one can explain it much better for us.

As for the save data:

Lets say you are playing a cart game of Rayman and progress on the game, the save data is stored on the Memory Card.

Then you switch to SD2Vita and decide to put Rayman there too, you will begin from the start because your progress is store on the memory card not on the SD, so if you want to continue from where you left on the CART to the SD2Vita you will need to copy-paste the save data from Memory Card to the SD both are locate on (:user/00/savedata/"title_id"  where title id is the id number of the game an example would be PCSE0010).

If you manage to mount both cards then the save is locate on UMA0, so you can just copy it from UMA0: (in this example its the sony memory card) to UX0: (which would be the SD2Vita) and then you can continue your game from where you left before.

You can do this too if you want to copy save data from SD2vita to Memory card or create a back up of the save data in the pc.

I hope I was able to clarify that if not let me know.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fixagel said:

To tell you the truth im not really sure about that part so I may as well edit it and wait till some one can explain it much better for us.

As for the save data:

Lets say you are playing a cart game of Rayman and progress on the game, the save data is stored on the Memory Card.

Then you switch to SD2Vita and decide to put Rayman there too, you will begin from the start because your progress is store on the memory card not on the SD, so if you want to continue from where you left on the CART to the SD2Vita you will need to copy-paste the save data from Memory Card to the SD both are locate on (:user/00/savedata/"title_id"  where title id is the id number of the game an example would be PCSE0010).

If you manage to mount both cards then the save is locate on UMA0, so you can just copy it from UMA0: (in this example its the sony memory card) to UX0: (which would be the SD2Vita) and then you can continue your game from where you left before.

You can do this too if you want to copy save data from SD2vita to Memory card or create a back up of the save data in the pc.

I hope I was able to clarify that if not let me know.

You said my save will be on uma0 for sony memory card but if i'm not back-up my save data and manage to mount sony memory card to uma0 will my save data lost on sony memory card lost ? I'm already back-up all my save data but the it's all hidden files, how to make it visible ?

3 hours ago, NoNpDrm09 said:

You said my save will be on uma0 for sony memory card but if i'm not back-up my save data and manage to mount sony memory card to uma0 will my save data lost on sony memory card lost ? I'm already back-up all my save data but the it's all hidden files, how to make it visible ?

As long you dont format your memory card or use it on another vita your save data will not be lost, when you mount you memory card again it will be still there. 

As for showing hidden files on the PC; in the folder go to VIEW > OPTIONS > VIEW > Select "Show Hidden folder, files and drivers" click APPLY then OK and the files should appear now.

@NoNpDrm09 A couple things. Before you had an SD2Vita, all data (Game saves, Games, etc.,) was saved to your Sony Memory Card. When you move to SD2Vita, you want to copy 100% of everything from the Sony Card to the Memory Card. So you'll have a 1:1 copy from your Sony card, to your SD Card in SD2Vita. This will retain 100% of all your data, saves, apps, etc., without the need to worry about location.

Related to your question of if you want to swap to a game cart, play, and then switch back, I'll be honest. I wouldn't recommend that. Reason being, your saves, apps, games, and everything by default save to ux0: (sd2vita), and your Memory Card becomes uma0:, which is just extra storage not used by anything. By removing the SD2Vita, your apps, games, saves, and everything get removed with it. I would recommend just dumping your game you want to play on the card, and installing it through NoNpDRM or Mai or something just for ease of use. Switching back and forth sounds like quite a hassle, and a headache to keep track of saves, what has what on it, etc. You'd essentially need to clone your card from SD2Vita -> Sony and back and forth every time you wanted to switch just to make sure your app.db doesn't break, and your saves and progress all get saved with it, which to me, doesn't sound very fun.

In Short, I would just install the game through NoNpDRM, Mai, etc., and not ever worry about removing the SD2Vita adapter. This is what I personally do, and I've not had a single problem or have to worry about it.

Let me know if you have any questions~

12 hours ago, fixagel said:

As long you dont format your memory card or use it on another vita your save data will not be lost, when you mount you memory card again it will be still there. 

As for showing hidden files on the PC; in the folder go to VIEW > OPTIONS > VIEW > Select "Show Hidden folder, files and drivers" click APPLY then OK and the files should appear now.

is not working, maybe because when copy through usb i'm unmark hide protected operating system files on folder options to show all ps vita folder if not i can't copy the save files.... A little help please.

12 hours ago, Djdragon44 said:

@NoNpDrm09 A couple things. Before you had an SD2Vita, all data (Game saves, Games, etc.,) was saved to your Sony Memory Card. When you move to SD2Vita, you want to copy 100% of everything from the Sony Card to the Memory Card. So you'll have a 1:1 copy from your Sony card, to your SD Card in SD2Vita. This will retain 100% of all your data, saves, apps, etc., without the need to worry about location.

Related to your question of if you want to swap to a game cart, play, and then switch back, I'll be honest. I wouldn't recommend that. Reason being, your saves, apps, games, and everything by default save to ux0: (sd2vita), and your Memory Card becomes uma0:, which is just extra storage not used by anything. By removing the SD2Vita, your apps, games, saves, and everything get removed with it. I would recommend just dumping your game you want to play on the card, and installing it through NoNpDRM or Mai or something just for ease of use. Switching back and forth sounds like quite a hassle, and a headache to keep track of saves, what has what on it, etc. You'd essentially need to clone your card from SD2Vita -> Sony and back and forth every time you wanted to switch just to make sure your app.db doesn't break, and your saves and progress all get saved with it, which to me, doesn't sound very fun.

In Short, I would just install the game through NoNpDRM, Mai, etc., and not ever worry about removing the SD2Vita adapter. This is what I personally do, and I've not had a single problem or have to worry about it.

Let me know if you have any questions~

Oh, i'm ask because if sometime later i'm plan to upgrade my current micro sd card to a bigger size when i'm buy new hdd to store my psv game. I don't have to worry anymore to remove sd2vita adapter to upgrade a bigger micro sd card ^_^. 

I'm planned to install psx/psp game on sony memory card, How to mount sony memory card as uma0 when already install sd2vita on PSV ?

Edited by NoNpDrm09

@NoNpDrm09 the gamesd.skprx you installed for SD2Vita auto-mounts the Memory Card to uma0:, meaning all you have to do too switch cards is simply copy 100% of everything from your old SD to the new SD, turn off the Vita, put the new SD in, boot up, and you're back to running like you would be any other day.

19 minutes ago, Djdragon44 said:

@NoNpDrm09 the gamesd.skprx you installed for SD2Vita auto-mounts the Memory Card to uma0:, meaning all you have to do too switch cards is simply copy 100% of everything from your old SD to the new SD, turn off the Vita, put the new SD in, boot up, and you're back to running like you would be any other day.

What i means is how to mount sony memory card as uma0 when already install sd2vita on PSV ? does auto mount memory card means for sony memory card ? spell~CONFUSE~

Edited by NoNpDrm09

Yes, gamesd.skprx auto-mounts the Sony Memory Card as uma0.

There are two gamesd.skprx's, one that mounts SD2Vita as ux0, and mounted the Sony card as uma0: (The one I use), and one that mounts the SD2Vita as uma0, and Sony Memory Card as ux0.

ux0 - The "used" storage of the Vita, where games, apps, save data, etc., is all stored.

uma0 - "non-used" storage, meaning nothing will install there by default, unless you tell it to specifically.

On 11/30/2017 at 12:08 PM, Djdragon44 said:

Yes, gamesd.skprx auto-mounts the Sony Memory Card as uma0.

There are two gamesd.skprx's, one that mounts SD2Vita as ux0, and mounted the Sony card as uma0: (The one I use), and one that mounts the SD2Vita as uma0, and Sony Memory Card as ux0.

ux0 - The "used" storage of the Vita, where games, apps, save data, etc., is all stored.

uma0 - "non-used" storage, meaning nothing will install there by default, unless you tell it to specifically.

I see, So that's why when i'm insert sony memory it's not detect it because it was non-storage. I'm launch vitashell and press triangle and there's and option to mount to uma0, does i need press circle to make sony memory card as uma0 ? I'm planned to use uma0 for psp/psx that's the reason i'm ask on how to mount sony memory card as uma0 when I'm already install sd2vita. Please answer this question if you had a some free time later....

Edited by NoNpDrm09