Please disable your ad-block bro. We don't have any annoying ads, just a google ad at the bottom of the page. Ads help pay for the server. Thanks a lot in advance and Happy gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Vita Queen

Starting Fresh?

Hello,

I was looking through the Vita's request section and I noticed that there's not a lot going on in regards to dumping. I know we're all aware of this fact but I think we would garner better results if we clean everything but the first few topics out and add some sort of incentive for people to fulfill requests. Perhaps reputation points, being added into a unique usergroup that has exclusive features such as bigger avatar file sizes, and other things. I'm looking at the section via another tab and I can't help but think to myself that it's just not cutting it. Perhaps there's something we can do?

What do you all think?

Edit: I wrote that on the fly and it shows. The reason I think it's not cutting it is because it's a complete mess that's overwhelming to the eye among other things. I think a fresh start with proper organization along with a reward system for people who fulfill their games is a better thing to go with than to leave it as it is.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Vita Queen said:

Perhaps reputation points, being added into a unique usergroup that has exclusive features such as bigger avatar file sizes, and other things.

Yes ,No and No

But a special Award named something like "Request King/Queen" that you get when you done x amount of requests would be something i would support. (Uploaded of course)

Other than that the big problem is like always the leechers. And there is nothing we can do against that.

I mean yeah we can turn on hide and what not but that won't stop the leecher from getting a account ,download the game and leave.

Just look at this Upload from me and did you noticed how many have only 1 post and a new account there :yaoming:

Turning on a min amount of posts to see links or a sub-forum would only lead into more spam and that would be a disaster :ohgod:

And yeah sure whe can delete/move the old threads and add new changes.

But still with all that there is no guarantee it will be better than it is now. I think part of the problem is that folks see a working dumb and are like "oh cool. i can use this. why dump a newer version if it works lul"

Changes could work and help but it could also do nothing. 

I think we should try it but thats just my 2 cents.

~Yukiko

• Upvote 1

I only go with your REP idea cause bigger avatars and unique usergroup would make others feel inferior(Because when there will be no requests left to fill how would one get the unique rank?).However, an award is a good idea too.The request section is overloaded with topics now the no 3.63/65 games topic you made will help if the hit and runs read it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ravenstorm said:

I think the nature of the site results in people mostly being quiet and leeching the free stuff. 

Well that is true for any site similar to this one. Nothing out of the ordinary.

35 minutes ago, Ravenstorm said:

Yeah, in my experience they are pretty much the same, quiet.  :)

You make it sound depressing! xD

Look, I might go off topic in this post, apologies in advance. When I'm desperately searching for a game and stumble on a site that has said game, I immediately take what I want and leave, and that is true for each and every one of us. 

However, there will be a time when I might find more than what I was expecting, other things I want, items that I didn't know existed, stuff that basically gets me to keep coming back and leech on the site more. 

You know, during my time on an old forum (the one I first Lord Val in), there was this sudden boom of DS emulation. Which brought waves among waves of people to the site to get their games (mainly Pokemon) and leave. Among those people were many who are computer illiterate that asked the dumbest questions, repeatedly. They get their answer and leave. But among those a small percentage stayed (God knows why) and interacted with the regulars. Few months later they were informed enough to give other users advice on how to work their games, and got good at using a lot of programs they didn't even know existed, and even started uploading themselves.

What I'm getting at is, I don't think we should make it a hassle for others to get what they want. However, I DO agree with @Vita QueenQueen in that there should be a way to limit their leeching, or to force them to interact at least.

Meh, tl;dr nuke the basterds.

Okay, let me see if I can compromise on all that we've discussed. The idea of giving people reputation points in exchange for uploading games that are requested in the Vita's request section is good. However, the other ideas such as giving these people unique perks is not. Although, I still stand by that they should be put in a unique usergroup.

Nobody seems to be against the idea of cleaning out the request section and starting over with the exception of a few threads we'll keep. Overall, here's the idea I'm proposing:

- Clean out the request section with the exception of a few new threads.

- Add prefixes for the threads to categorize them which include [Game], [DLC], and [Update]. We can also add a prefix like [Game/DLC/Update] that can cover requests that have include more than one of these prefixes at a time. Everyone will be forced to include a prefix to submit a thread. This is to keep things organized among other things.

- Those who fulfill requests (and say so) are put in a unique usergroup and are given reputation. There will also be unique award thingies that we can hand out for a certain amount of fulfilled requests.

- Fulfilled requests are moved to the Solved Requests section like always.

A lot of you are mentioning leechers even though I never said anything about them. Every type of forum like ours has that problem and it's useless to try to remedy the situation. Anyways, are we all in agreement about what I've listed? Even if it doesn't work the way I want it to, it's still 100 times better than leaving things as they are. In other words, the worst case scenario is better than what we have so far.

About the Unique Usergroup there is one called "Uploader" that fits the needs really well, if folks really wanna just do just Request that still fits for that Usergroup.

About the cleaing but leaving a few threads. What would be the exceptions?

The Prefix thingy sounds not too bad on the main sub-forums like vita,3ds,pc etc the new stuff sure. For older Consoles that wouldn't really be needed i would say or?

Just to cut on some of your mentions ;)

I would also love to see some imput on this from

@ckv1212@Lord Valarion

26 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

About the Unique Usergroup there is one called "Uploader" that fits the needs really well, if folks really wanna just do just Request that still fits for that Usergroup.

About the cleaing but leaving a few threads. What would be the exceptions?

The Prefix thingy sounds not too bad on the main sub-forums like vita,3ds,pc etc the new stuff sure. For older Consoles that wouldn't really be needed i would say or?

Just to cut on some of your mentions ;)

I would also love to see some imput on this from

@ckv1212@Lord Valarion

The exceptions would be a few of the newer threads we have in the section. We'll edit them accordingly including adding the proper prefixes.

I thought of something else. Is there a need for the Solved Requests section? It serves the purpose of telling someone who is using the search feature that the request has already been fulfilled. However, at the same time, they'll see the the game they're looking for, so is there any actual point? In other words, all the section does is clutter up their search results when looking for a a game.

Furthermore, if they don't see it then they can make a thread as normal. I suggest we remove it and all solved requests are deleted a week after the request has been solved. It will remove a section from the forum which will tidy things up and also remove unnecessary search results which will also tidy things up.