Please disable your ad-block bro. We don't have any annoying ads, just a google ad at the bottom of the page. Ads help pay for the server. Thanks a lot in advance and Happy gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Vita Queen

Status of PS Vita Dumps...

Hello everyone,

As most of you know, this website started out as VitaPiracy which meant that its main focus was the PS Vita with everything else taking a backseat. However, as time went on, all of the decision making individuals that run this forum chose the wise course of action of turning the website into what you see now. Now everything from SEGA to Nintendo can be posted here with the same amount of attention the PS Vita got back on VitaPiracy, and that's an amazing thing. The PS Vita is still a huge focus of the community because it's still not hacked completely, which means there's new challenges to overcome and more things in general to do. In other words, it's not dead to us like it is to your average owner.

Sadly, we're facing a bit of a problem in regards to what dumps we have available for the platform. Vitamin came first and we all used that to dump games and it worked well for what it was until MaiDumpTool came along and became the superior option in almost every way. With that said, we have a lot of games that are dumped with Vitamin and not MaiDumpTool. This sounds like a minor inconvenience because you have to switch between the two until you realize that the links that everyone had for their Vitamin dumps are swiftly being taken down from either age or legal reasons.

Disregarding what kind of dumps you prefer, none of you can deny the fact that pickings are becoming slimmer and slimmer as time goes on. The best source of Vitamin games we have is the shotgun torrent you can find on our forum and the VitaPiracy Reddit to name a few places. Once that goes down then what's the guarantee that someone else will upload the torrent? Furthermore, what's the guarantee that all the things from the torrent would be the same if it's reuploaded?

I'm saying all this because the PS Vita is a great platform that's woefully unappreciated. There are 3.60 or below games for it that haven't even been dumped and the Vitamin dumps we have for the older games are vanishing for one reason or another. Is there anything we can do? Surely not everyone who had dumped their games in the past felt like they did their job and subsequently sold them all, right? How can we get these individuals who have these games to redump in (preferably) MaiDumpTool format which boasts higher compatibility with the games, plugins, and DLC among other better features.

Perhaps there are games that we tried to dump with Vitamin that ended up failing, but would work for MaiDumpTool and we simply haven't tried? We couldn't even get Toukiden 2 dumped for the translator in a swift manner (happydance on here) because interest is at an all-time low. I'll ask one final question. What can we do to change things?

• Upvote 4

Basically I feel like we need an actual fully working dumper that will support all games properly and I feel like tons of people will dump their games over again. I don't see MaiDump getting updated anymore tbh. 

• Upvote 1

For what its worth, I'll download the RSG Torrent and reupload it to other hosts and post a topic here with all the games.

I'm lost as far as what can be done. If every user contributed their own dumps then it'd be a totally different scenario but most people that come here don't even get involved in threads or even say thank you.

• Upvote 2

I must agree with @DarkenedMatter 

Folks just see there is no development in the dump tools so why bother with a new dump if the old one works fine.

For example the Atelier series is kinda buggy with Vitmain 2.0 and MaiDumpTool the only fully working versions are the old Vitamin 1.0 and 1.1 

Also what @ckv1212 said the leecher just don't give a damn about that. The come they take they leave.

For example my dump here of Halo 2 to be exact the Japanese version is as far as i know  the only working link online

I have looked everywhere even on some shady russian trackers and found nothing the links died to that version long ago.

So i bought the game and uploaded it to keep it alive and online.

Same goes for my Vita and other console games i can always re-dump if anything goes offline.

But thats just me and the minority sadly. 

All the japanese games dumped by random chinese guys are so outdated becasue they don't care which version if Vitamin 1.0 or MaiV233.2zEx if it runs it runs it seems for them.

I think if there might be breakthrough in Vita FW so that we can use it on newer firmwares or spoof new games to work on older fws like it used to be with the ps3, we might see new updated dumps in the future. 

But for now get your HDDs ready and download what you can and save it. I am just about to order a 4TB HDD next month for Backups. 

• Upvote 1

I might be wrong but I believe MaiDumpTool isn't an open-source software if I recall correctly and the English translation we got was with that individual's permission. If that's the case, the original would no doubt have to be updated which is not happening since the last update MaiDumpTool got was back in October. This means that we'll either have to wait for it to be updated, dump what we can with the latest English MaiDumpTool, or create our own. The first and third options aren't going to happen, and the second option is the core of the problem we're currently facing since no one is dumping anything regardless if it's with MaiDumpTool or Vitamin.

Even if we get access to 3.63+ firmware games then that will only serve to get those new games dumped. What about the old ones like Earth Defense Force 2017 that still doesn't have a MaiDump and is impossible to find outside of the Vitamin shotgun torrent? People like ckv1212 will reupload it but it's still not satisfactory because games from the PS Vita's library would still be missing altogether. Perhaps I'm being unrealistic, but I don't know why things stopped to such a halt with what we can currently do for the scene. It's like everyone just vanished at the same time which is probably the reason why we're not going to see a 3.63+ firmware hack as fast as us still around want it to be.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NEVERxTHAT said:

hi guys. Im starting to collect vita games. (currently only have 20 games) but ill be happy to dump games and updates/dlc.

Cool! Would you mind sharing a list of what they are? (Also, if you have any games that aren't updated to their latest version, please share those update versions as well, for both archival and in case a game runs better on that version)

Edited by ShinobuImplied

On 01/08/2017 at 3:21 AM, ShinobuImplied said:

Cool! Would you mind sharing a list of what they are? (Also, if you have any games that aren't updated to their latest version, please share those update versions as well, for both archival and in case a game runs better on that version)

good evening. my games to date from carts are

Borderlands 2, Shovel Knight, Uncharted: golden abyss, Persona 4 Golden, Call of duty black ops:Declassified, littlebigplanet, Mortal Kombat, Tales of heartsR, Project DivaF2, Virtues Last Reward, Sword art online : last song, One piece:Pirate warriors 3, The jack and daxter Trilogy, Injustice Gods among us : Ultimate edition, Wipeout 2048, Silent hill book of memories, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Rayman origins, Unit13, Minecraft.

(hopefully can still rip all ps plus games too, Im currently working on a work around)

All of which are not updated (they just sit on my shelf) and I add carts to my collection monthly. 

Please note I do visit the site but i work a lot of hours so any request I will do but it may take me a day or 4 before i see them.

Edited by NEVERxTHAT
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NEVERxTHAT said:

good evening. my games to date from carts are

(hopefully can still rip all ps plus games too, Im currently working on a work around)

All of which are not updated (they just sit on my shelf) and I add carts to my collection monthly. 

Please note I do visit the site but i work a lot of hours so any request I will do but it may take me a day or 4 before i see them

Then they are all on their 1.00 versions? I believe One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, Tales of Heart R, and Raymen Origins need their US versions dumped with Maiumptool and Mortal Kombat doesn't have a Maidump yet.

Edited by ShinobuImplied

Would it be possible for someone to upload the Jack and Daxter games (1, 2, 3) again? The ones in the Mai dump collection page have dead links. I would be very grateful!