Welcome to NextGenRoms

A message to all guests : 

Using a temporary/disposable email address to register an account will get you banned.

This is to prevent spam and leeching. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fixagel

multi
Dragon Quest Monster - Terry Wonderland [English Patched 1.2]

44 posts in this topic

Okay so the new file ALSO did not work (deleted the key beforehand and enabled patches in Luma). Since the download seems to be fine (as the size is similar to the others I have), AND since both (I assume) are ones fixagel verified, I'm inclined to believe one of two things is wrong:

1. Something is up somewhere with the settings on my 3DS

2. My SD Card is out of whack. It's somewhat of a temporary setup until I can change the O2DS into a N2DS and transfer, using a 64GB microSD with an adapter. I put the others on after I had to reformat it when I had to go back to a backup, so I may have to do that again.

All that said, the new file still registers as a CIA even after a failed install, so that's definitely progress, small or not. Currently attempting to install a working one.

51 minutes ago, JRNROSS said:

I turned off my console and turned it back on and accessed a menu (not luma but the other one that I can't remember the button combo for) and checked the option to make games region free. I applied it and reset my system and installed the update for the game and then it worked

There's a few different menus, the one I use is Godmode9, and I'm not sure where that option would be in there. 

Update: The normal one worked. Upon rebooting the other one will not read as a normal CIA, as per usual. I think I'm gonna try reformatting and see what happens; things have been acting a bit strange with it today so I think that might help. Shouldn't take long and my saves are backed up.

Edited by MysteriexMKII
Additional information

What is your official firmware on your DS? The one that you got when you last went to the official Nintendo e shop? I remember reading that if it is under or above a certain version the methods to get out of region games to work is different and maybe not possible at all with patches on certain games.

@ the other guy that runs this post, sorry to put you to work again but how do I backup my save game and reapply it later? I'm going to retry Downloading from here because I swear my version I got from here was 1.2 translation but only shows 1.0 on screen

4 minutes ago, JRNROSS said:

What is your official firmware on your DS? The one that you got when you last went to the official Nintendo e shop? I remember reading that if it is under or above a certain version the methods to get out of region games to work is different and maybe not possible at all with patches on certain games.

@ the other guy that runs this post, sorry to put you to work again but how do I backup my save game and reapply it later? I'm going to retry Downloading from here because I swear my version I got from here was 1.2 translation but only shows 1.0 on screen

To the first statement, that was mostly in reference to EmuNAND users, as I recall; most warnings of that nature don't affect those who work on SysNAND (it's just that getting stuff to work at all on SysNAND was very difficult). But for the record my SysNAND is up to date.

To the second statement, download JK's Save Manager (you can actually remote install it with FBI once you find it, google is helpful); you can backup any save available on your system (it's what I used to backup my own save)

And third, it failed again. I'm reinstalling the working one and probably keeping it there until I can understand what's going on. I noticed that the date on this file is actually EARLIER than the dates on my working ones, meaning they likely should be 1.2 and you MIGHT be on to something. Try downloading the two files and seeing if you can get it to 1.2. If it's 1.0 each time, something is wrong on both ends

15 hours ago, MysteriexMKII said:

To the first statement, that was mostly in reference to EmuNAND users, as I recall; most warnings of that nature don't affect those who work on SysNAND (it's just that getting stuff to work at all on SysNAND was very difficult). But for the record my SysNAND is up to date.

To the second statement, download JK's Save Manager (you can actually remote install it with FBI once you find it, google is helpful); you can backup any save available on your system (it's what I used to backup my own save)

And third, it failed again. I'm reinstalling the working one and probably keeping it there until I can understand what's going on. I noticed that the date on this file is actually EARLIER than the dates on my working ones, meaning they likely should be 1.2 and you MIGHT be on to something. Try downloading the two files and seeing if you can get it to 1.2. If it's 1.0 each time, something is wrong on both ends

I forgot to ask, do you have any other games on your SD card?If so do they all work?

Do you have wifi turned on when loading Terrys Wonderland?

You also said that your SD card is 64gb, maybe that might be an issue? (unless other games work on it)

Is the SD formatted as FAT32 or NTFS?

Did you install the update before starting the game?

Try switching some of these around unless you already have. it took me a week before it finally worked but I didnt write down the steps Im sorry, it just kind of happened

18 hours ago, fixagel said:

Hi :KannaWave: if you download it from this post is the version 1.2 not 1.0

IMG_20171012_023139.thumb.jpg.58fe081e6958b95a28d98162023f5b95.jpg

I backed up my save using JK but when I delete the original data and export my backup data all I see is "New game" option and the others are grayed out. Wht happened? I deleted the 1.1 game and redownloaded it from here and thsis time it was 1.2 is that an issue because my save was from 1.0 and not 1.2 patch?

1 hour ago, JRNROSS said:

I backed up my save using JK but when I delete the original data and export my backup data all I see is "New game" option and the others are grayed out. Wht happened? I deleted the 1.1 game and redownloaded it from here and thsis time it was 1.2 is that an issue because my save was from 1.0 and not 1.2 patch?

Have you update the game to 1.1 ? Main screen should say 1.1 (translation menu should say 1.2). 

Also a silly question, have you restore your save properly ? I haven't use JK so I dont know how easy/hard is it to restore/backup. But just wanted to mention it just in case.

Lastly it could also mean that the save games aren't compatible between translation versions 1.0 and 1.2, if that's the case I cannot be of much help. But do let us know to post a warning in the main post about that.

19 hours ago, MysteriexMKII said:

JRNROSS was able to install the 1.2 version, so maybe you have a faulty SD or is too fragmented ? I find it odd but if you can, try to do a clean install in other SD (Even a 2gb will work just to test it out). Just dont COPY/PASTE all the data of your current SD only the files needed to run B9S in order to try do a clean install.

5 minutes ago, fixagel said:

Have you update the game to 1.1 ? Main screen should say 1.1 (translation menu should say 1.2). 

Also a silly question, have you restore your save properly ? I haven't use JK so I dont know how easy/hard is it to restore/backup. But just wanted to mention it just in case.

Lastly it could also mean that the save games aren't compatible between translation versions 1.0 and 1.2, if that's the case I cannot be of much help. But do let us know to post a warning in the main post about that.

Okay so i found out that on JK you must hit "Export save" and name it whatever you like. Then click "delete save data". Exit Jk save and start up the game you just backed up. Get to the point in said game where saving is possible. Save the game. Exit the game. Go back to JK and go to the game you want to recover your save for. Hit "Import save" click the A button. Exit Jk and load up the game. It should now say "Continue" and be your save backup.

It can be loaded as many times as you want but always make copies on your PC, JK sometimes corrupts save backups.

19 hours ago, MysteriexMKII said:

Also if i recall correctly I used to have an R4 card I used on my 2DS/3DS that said it was compatible with 64gb and up SD cards to plays DS games. However whenever i tried using my 64GB card Id get white screen no matter what I did upon loading screen. So i switched to a 32gb and it worked perfectly, try using a 32gb

7 minutes ago, fixagel said:

JRNROSS was able to install the 1.2 version, so maybe you have a faulty SD or is too fragmented ? I find it odd but if you can, try to do a clean install in other SD (Even a 2gb will work just to test it out). Just dont COPY/PASTE all the data of your current SD only the files needed to run B9S in order to try do a clean install.

Just now, JRNROSS said:

Also if i recall correctly I used to have an R4 card I used on my 2DS/3DS that said it was compatible with 64gb and up SD cards to plays DS games. However whenever i tried using my 64GB card Id get white screen no matter what I did upon loading screen. So i switched to a 32gb and it worked perfectly, try using a 32gb

Yeah I was intending on replacing the current SD at some point anyway, as it's somewhat of a temporary setup. I can get the backup saves fairly easily. While many other games DO work (I have the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon games, LoZ Oracle game, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, and DQM Caravan Heart confirmed installed, and confirmed to run properly), I also have the apparently common issue of having issues when installing large games from the eShop. I'm fairly certain it's the adapter (which has had trouble reading on my computer, the microSD itself has virtually no issues), which is one of the reasons I wanted to switch to a full SD Card.

3 hours ago, JRNROSS said:

I forgot to ask, do you have any other games on your SD card?If so do they all work?

Do you have wifi turned on when loading Terrys Wonderland?

You also said that your SD card is 64gb, maybe that might be an issue? (unless other games work on it)

Is the SD formatted as FAT32 or NTFS?

Did you install the update before starting the game?

Try switching some of these around unless you already have. it took me a week before it finally worked but I didnt write down the steps Im sorry, it just kind of happened

1. Answered above.

2. No, but i never have issues loading the game when it's installed unless the update isn't, but that's a null point because I can install the update fine.

3. Other games that install work fine, and the one that I have in my N3DS (a slightly different 64 GB microSD) rarely gives me issues. Only times have been when I messed around in Pokemon save files and the update data for the corresponding game acts weird.

4. FAT32; pretty sure NOTHING, games or otherwise, works unless it's formatted as such.

5. No, I did not. I have not tried installing it specifically with JUST the update installed; I have tried with both installed, neither installed, or just the 1.0 version installed, but not with just the update installed. I'll try that, but I assume it will also fail.

So to sum things up, we can fully confirm the file works, something is wrong with my setup, and it's potentially the fact that I have a microSD in an adapter rather than a full SD card. I would go on to say that given that it's also a 64 GB card, it may not be formatting right with the adapter on (note that I have another adapter that does not work at all, so things can vary). I haven't seen anything in particular about transfer processes being an issue, and I don't believe the adapter would 100% be an issue unless I'm doing something wrong (otherwise Samsung, which is the brand of my SD card, would still sell them), so I BELIEVE it's the microSD card itself. It's one I got a long time ago for an older phone of mine but was using to test with files on my New3DS when I had an issue on that front way back when.

tl;dr I need a new SD Card, one that is preferably no more than 32 GB so I don't have to worry about formatting it and can use it out of the box, so to speak.

2 minutes ago, MysteriexMKII said:

Yeah I was intending on replacing the current SD at some point anyway, as it's somewhat of a temporary setup. I can get the backup saves fairly easily. While many other games DO work (I have the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon games, LoZ Oracle game, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, and DQM Caravan Heart confirmed installed, and confirmed to run properly), I also have the apparently common issue of having issues when installing large games from the eShop. I'm fairly certain it's the adapter (which has had trouble reading on my computer, the microSD itself has virtually no issues), which is one of the reasons I wanted to switch to a full SD Card.

1. Answered above.

2. No, but i never have issues loading the game when it's installed unless the update isn't, but that's a null point because I can install the update fine.

3. Other games that install work fine, and the one that I have in my N3DS (a slightly different 64 GB microSD) rarely gives me issues. Only times have been when I messed around in Pokemon save files and the update data for the corresponding game acts weird.

4. FAT32; pretty sure NOTHING, games or otherwise, works unless it's formatted as such.

5. No, I did not. I have not tried installing it specifically with JUST the update installed; I have tried with both installed, neither installed, or just the 1.0 version installed, but not with just the update installed. I'll try that, but I assume it will also fail.

So to sum things up, we can fully confirm the file works, something is wrong with my setup, and it's potentially the fact that I have a microSD in an adapter rather than a full SD card. I would go on to say that given that it's also a 64 GB card, it may not be formatting right with the adapter on (note that I have another adapter that does not work at all, so things can vary). I haven't seen anything in particular about transfer processes being an issue, and I don't believe the adapter would 100% be an issue unless I'm doing something wrong (otherwise Samsung, which is the brand of my SD card, would still sell them), so I BELIEVE it's the microSD card itself. It's one I got a long time ago for an older phone of mine but was using to test with files on my New3DS when I had an issue on that front way back when.

tl;dr I need a new SD Card, one that is preferably no more than 32 GB so I don't have to worry about formatting it and can use it out of the box, so to speak.

If you get that new card and it works, let us know so we can make not. On gbatemp website youre not the only one having this issue it seems

Just now, JRNROSS said:

If you get that new card and it works, let us know so we can make not. On gbatemp website youre not the only one having this issue it seems

Yeah I noticed that. But this is the only place that confirms it's file is SUPPOSED to be on 1.2 (For all I know the other files have the 1.2 update installed and things just aren't working for me), so that's the other issue.  It also doesn't help that finding a confirmed clean rip of this game is impossible, so a lot of people have to rely on pre-patched versions xD

Just now, MysteriexMKII said:

Yeah I noticed that. But this is the only place that confirms it's file is SUPPOSED to be on 1.2 (For all I know the other files have the 1.2 update installed and things just aren't working for me), so that's the other issue.  It also doesn't help that finding a confirmed clean rip of this game is impossible, so a lot of people have to rely on pre-patched versions xD

I read on another site from 2 years ago that Nintendo was made aware of the game being pirated on CFW and had some copies injected with a virus that permanently bricked a person's 3ds and was irreversable because it wouldnt even boot, youd just get the blue power on light. At least our issues only pertained to loading the game and crashes eh? We got lucky. Can you take a picture of your Luma settings and Godmode settings or whatever you said the second one was? Ill compare them to mine

26 minutes ago, MysteriexMKII said:

I recall a guy from the translate team topic say he installed the eShop version of the game and apply the patch himself, if you want to give it a shot.

I read on another site from 2 years ago that Nintendo was made aware of the game being pirated on CFW and had some copies injected with a virus that permanently bricked a person's 3ds and was irreversable because it wouldnt even boot, youd just get the blue power on light. At least our issues only pertained to loading the game and crashes eh? We got lucky. Can you take a picture of your Luma settings and Godmode settings or whatever you said the second one was? Ill compare them to mine

I've never heard of that or something similar, it would be a dick move from ninty and I belive ninty inst that kind of company to pull that off.

35 minutes ago, fixagel said:

I recall a guy from the translate team topic say he installed the eShop version of the game and apply the patch himself, if you want to give it a shot.

See there's the problem, the only access for me for that is through freeShop, and even then it's denoted with a 2.0 when I saw it, AND it failed anyway (small games work fine). I'm on a US system so I can't exactly go through the real one (which I should still have access to, mind you). So yeah, kinda tried that already xD.

56 minutes ago, JRNROSS said:

I really doubt Nintendo would clamp down on that since both Pokemon and Mario games are fairly easy to find and have a WAY higher pirate rate than this. Plus they'd probably have been more focused on advocating on bringing it to the West (since THEY know there's money to be made XD). Anyway, here are my settings:

fQ2pAX3.jpg

As you can see, nothing special here, really. I've played around with the settings before and that did nothing so currently it's on basic. I have enabled game patching and disabled ARM11 exception handlers before to no avail, so... yeah.

ciRPeyz.jpg

GodMode9 doesn't really have much in the way of settings that I've been able to notice, so I'm not really sure where to go in that regard.

Worth noting is that I just remembered I have another USB port that seems to read better (I think the upper one is bad for some reason), so I might see how that does, assuming it actually reads better and it isn't just a fluke xD

Edited by MysteriexMKII

I apologize for the double post (I prefer updates) but my last post is way too long for this:

So I switched back to my original 4GB SD Card, as I remembered that I only ever tried the initial version I got on there, and any issues I had were space-based, and it had all the cfw files on it (including the update file that I knew worked) because that was the one I used to initially install it on my 2DS, and it had the themes I used on it as well. It lacks anything I installed past that point but all of the games I actually used (DQMTW included) were on there, albeit requiring some save file backups. The SD Card reads way better on my PC for whatever reason so I was pretty hopeful. I put it on my SD Card and it and put the newer file that was posted here on there, just for security. When I got into FBI it IMMEDIATELY looked better, as it recognized the game (previously it would show nothing, even for the working games), so I immediately installed it. AND IT WORKS. THE FILE WORKS. IT'S ON 1.2 AND I HAVE THE CUSTOM ENGLISH BANNER IN THE MENU. The problem the whole time was in fact my microSD+adapter setup, which I probably should have known given that it was having issues reading with my computer, but the working files made me think I could rule it out.

Let this be a lesson to everyone: DO NOT SACRIFICE QUALITY FOR QUANTITY WHEN IT COMES TO STUFF LIKE THIS. Luckily for me I likely won't be playing larger games than this (I'm gonna stick to playing around with GBA CIAs outside of this until I get a proper larger SD Card, that seems like fun), but if you do, I would advise that you make absolutely sure you have a good SD Card setup that can go back and forth between the computer and the console, because it WILL need to do that. Even if you format it right, things can go wrong; even if you do all the steps right, it can cause problems. I would advise only going to a 64GB+ cartridge IF you can get a high quality one that is for a normal, non-CFW 3DS (like what I have with my New 3DS XL), because even that can cause some issues here and there. If you're good with 32GB, STAY AT 32GB. I'll likely wait until I have the ability to get a New 2DS, put a new microSD in THAT, and THEN do a system transfer before I worry about any larger games.

Also want to say thank you to everyone who tried to help me as much as possible, because I think this topic has now covered most of the issues that would give people trouble when trying to install this game, so hopefully people can read this and find a solution to their issue. 

Jf232wJ.jpg

h0WieGe.jpg

Edited by MysteriexMKII
Photos

Im glad you got it working finally and enjoy this game (tbh I've just play like 2 hours but never had an issue xD ) but as you say is good to solve issues and have an answer for future references. 

Anyway i've heard about some issues with 64gb+ I myself got a 32gb micro SD without problems but I do hate to take it out due to it being kind of fragile... (so I tend to ftp the games kind of often but is damn slow xD .

Finally if you dont have an use for that 64gb micro SD give it a shot at doing a clean install, format it, reinstall and if you do happend to do it (since it would be damn boring to reinstall all the files you have now) let us know how it went, I belive you can still use it (assuming the card is not actually damage).

Have fun :KannaWave:

3 minutes ago, fixagel said:

Im glad you got it working finally and enjoy this game (tbh I've just play like 2 hours but never had an issue xD ) but as you say is good to solve issues and have an answer for future references. 

Anyway i've heard about some issues with 64gb+ I myself got a 32gb micro SD without problems but I do hate to take it out due to it being kind of fragile... (so I tend to ftp the games kind of often but is damn slow xD .

Finally if you dont have an use for that 64gb micro SD give it a shot at doing a clean install, format it, reinstall and if you do happend to do it (since it would be damn boring to reinstall all the files you have now) let us know how it went, I belive you can still use it (assuming the card is not actually damage).

Have fun :KannaWave:

Actually I already have everything I had and was using back up and running xD (I was pretty much just playing this game and Pokemon Blue). Anyway I know that the SD card works decently on its own, I've used it with my New 3DS (which has a higher quality card) when I've needed to figure out various issues and it reads fine on its own, the adapter is likely the problem (I kept it in the adapter the whole time because I figured if it didn't read on my computer right it's not gonna read in the 3DS. It's the same brand but isn't the adapter that came with that specific card. The issue is that 64GB and 128 GB (the two largest known sizes that will work with the 3DS) don't naturally come with the same format as 32GB and below, which is why you have to format those in a specific way in order to get them to work (as opposed to 32GB and below which you can more or less use them immediately with a 3DS family system). I would recommend avoiding an adapter if you can and just getting the correct size from the get go if possible.

9 hours ago, MysteriexMKII said:

Actually I already have everything I had and was using back up and running xD (I was pretty much just playing this game and Pokemon Blue). Anyway I know that the SD card works decently on its own, I've used it with my New 3DS (which has a higher quality card) when I've needed to figure out various issues and it reads fine on its own, the adapter is likely the problem (I kept it in the adapter the whole time because I figured if it didn't read on my computer right it's not gonna read in the 3DS. It's the same brand but isn't the adapter that came with that specific card. The issue is that 64GB and 128 GB (the two largest known sizes that will work with the 3DS) don't naturally come with the same format as 32GB and below, which is why you have to format those in a specific way in order to get them to work (as opposed to 32GB and below which you can more or less use them immediately with a 3DS family system). I would recommend avoiding an adapter if you can and just getting the correct size from the get go if possible.

Now that I think about it, it could also have been your 64gb class as well. Lower classes cause crashes on my PSP system (due to how slow the SD card is) while higher classes work near flawless. Anyway Im just glad you solved it, Ill try and make the guys and girls at GBA temp aware of this that were having the same issue