NextGenRoms

PSV-1000 has 2.5 GB of usable INTERNAL memory

Elyseux

So TheFlow just posted

This is the hidden content, please
on this Twitter

• Did you know that the PS Vita 1000 has got 2.5GB INTERNAL MEMORY at ur0 that you can make use of? This partition is 1.5GB for the slim.
    @theflow0

From what I'm reading, the ur0 partition is used as a place to download system updates to when you don't have a memory card installed. But if you do have one, then it is used "for some LiveArea themes, icons positions, and some history and temp files", and then system updates get downloaded onto your memory card instead in "ud0:/PSP2UPDATE/".

As a tip for right now, we can really only use this place to store VPKs before installing them and put ROMs in for emulators, but in the future we could potentially install stuff directly to it, especially if

This is the hidden content, please
is to be believed.

As an FYI, this partition is 1.5 GB on the PSV-2000/Slim model (it's the advertised 1 GB of internal memory), and I think it's the same for the PSTV, although I'll have to wait for Vita Queen to confirm that.

Hmm, this is very interesting information. I honestly doubt any amount of files normally stored there would exceed that amount of space but I suppose Sony was just playing it safe by overdoing it a little. I wonder how much space my Playstation TV has. It's most likely 1.5GB.

Yeah, both thoughts seems likely.

Supposedly you can already install a game to it. A reply to that tweet says all u have to do is move the app from its normal spot in ux0/app/(title id) to ur0/app/(title id) then edit the app.db to make that app point to the correct partition. It's this last part that I'm not sure how to do. I'd love to make use of it for a game I'll never delete, but I'm gonna have to look for a tut before I go messin with the ur0 partition.

Supposedly you can already install a game to it. A reply to that tweet says all u have to do is move the app from its normal spot in ux0/app/(title id) to ur0/app/(title id) then edit the app.db to make that app point to the correct partition. It's this last part that I'm not sure how to do. I'd love to make use of it for a game I'll never delete, but I'm gonna have to look for a tut before I go messin with the ur0 partition.

Hmm, yeah, that makes sense. I'll have to read up on it like you, too, though :D

I used the ur0 partition to temporarily store a dump so I could unpack it the zip and move it to ux0. Worked perfectly! I just hope we are able to install a game or two directly to it at some point.

[blur=blue]EDIT: now that i did that, even though i deleted the file from ur0, ur0 still says the memory is used and not available. what do?[/blur]

[fade][glow=red]EDIT/EDIT: DERP!!!!!!! I was copying a file that was too large. all is well. :oops:[/glow][/fade]

I cant use the ur0... for me the part is always R, not RW :\

There is something to mount the ur0 as R/W?

Hmm, that's weird. I just moved something to ur0 myself without having to do anything beforehand and it worked fine, so I'm not sure why yours is set to R only. Have you updated Henkaku and/or Vitashell?

• 1 month later...

The ur0: on my ps vita is already fill of crap :S like some app meta and trophies?? also i can wright to the ud0: partition as well its only around 200mb but it did have a empty PSP2UPDATE folder in it my guess is that's wear you ps vita update pup is temp stored maybe, ill have a poke at it tomorrow

anyway on the subject of this ur0: partition it would be cool if you could make a game that stored stuff there like save data or the game it self so you can change out the memory cards and not f**k up the game...dose anyone know if there is a way of testing the speed of the "drives" if this ur0: partition is faster then the ux0: partition it cool to put game textures in there or use it as a kinda cache system for games