Welcome to NextGenRoms

A message to all guests : 

Using a temporary/disposable email address to register an account will get you banned.

This is to prevent spam and leeching. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PSC

Converting MaiDumpTools Dumps from ZIP to VPK

Hi everyone,

The method I'm about to describe here isn't from me and isn't new too, but since new dumps using MaiDumpTool v233.2z2 are coming on ZIP files, I saw many users asked for VPK files.

So here we go, I'll show you method with screenshots from God Eater 2 dump, I already made it for God Eater Resurrection and can confirm that it worked for both (so even with MaiDumpTool v233.2z2 dumps).

1 - Downloading ZIP file : PCSB00875.zip in that case

1303359601.png

2 - Extract ZIP file

1784554002.png

3 - Now you can delete ZIP file and go into PCSB00875 folder

3964152503.png

4 - Go into mai_moe folder and copy eboot_origin.bin

6759604504.png

5 - Paste it back to PCSB00875 folder where eboot.bin is

7954949505.png

6 - Move eboot.bin file to mai_moe folder (just to keep it in case) and rename eboot_origin.bin to eboot.bin

9704408406.png

7 - Select all files under PCSB00875 folder and ZIP it (using 7zip or WinRAR for example)

1512024307.png

8 - Rename obtained PCSB00875.zip to PCSB00875.VPK and install it using VitaShell / VitaOrganizer or whatever you prefer

I'll add you can rename VPK like you want, I tried with God Eater 2, renaming VPK to "God Eater 2.VPK" before installing it and that worked !

You're welcome ! But I was wrong : DLC for God Eater 2 didn't worked as it (even if it's a Vitamin 2.0 dump), MaiDumpTool is still needed to correctly install DLC :/

Ah, I see :c I was hoping to avoid using Mai because I'm not familiar with it and I prefer to have 1 program. Thank you for letting us know!

in other method they delete the mai moe folder? whats the difference in deleting the mai moe folder and not deleting it?

In use ? None ! In fact : I kept all files just in case. This far this method worked (except concerning Poject DIVA X for me), but that way if my VPK doesn't works, I still have all files (and both eboot)

thank you for the info

In use ? None ! In fact : I kept all files just in case. This far this method worked (except concerning Poject DIVA X for me), but that way if my VPK doesn't works, I still have all files (and both eboot)

i compressed my files but i didnt know where it go, can you guys help me?

It should create you a ZIP file on folder you are (so where you selected all files)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0