NextGenRoms

Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen UNDUB (proper) (rePatch folder)

swosho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@koken Yo

Basically, there are two directories inside the .zip file you've downloaded: reAddcont and rePatch – delete the reAddcont one, you don't need it since the EU DLC is available on NPS (get it via PKGj or NPS Browser).

Next up open the rePatch directory and you'll see the PCSE00015 directory inside, so rename itto PCSB00049, and you're all set.

Just drop the rePatch directory to the root of your memory card and make sure you have the rePatch plugin running. If you have any general questions regarding any kind of mods, 

This is the hidden content, please

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, swosho said:

@koken Yo

Basically, there are two directories inside the .zip file you've downloaded: reAddcont and rePatch – delete the reAddcont one, you don't need it since the EU DLC is available on NPS (get it via PKGj or NPS Browser).

Next up open the rePatch directory and you'll see the PCSE00015 directory inside, so rename it to PCSB00049, and you're all set.

Just drop the rePatch directory to the root of your memory card and make sure you have the rePatch plugin running. If you have any general questions regarding any kind of mods, 

This is the hidden content, please

Hey! I just saw your message. I managed to make it work a few hours ago! :))

It is amazing how these kind of games changes with their original voices; I don't understand why they release ninja games with english dubbings (EW). Totally love the game now , thanks!! Still hear some random english voices sometimes but it's mostly in japanese now :)

Do you know how to  unlock skins or the other character? I only can use the main ninja by now

Thanks again!

PS: It looks that I shall have the DLC since I downloaded the game through PKGj

PS2: Have you ever tried to undub the Tenchu 4 Shadow Assasssins and the Tenchu Time of the Assassins? (both for PSP)

Edited by koken
  • Like 4

@koken Right, the publisher's first priority should be securing the license for the original VO for the games set in Japan, or in feudal Japan at least, yet here we are: Tenchu, Way of the Samurai, Onimusha and so on.  There's few audio overrides in the main game archive, which could be counted on fingers, thankfully (though I still should've properly counted all of the instances), it bugs me a little and I want to ask for help with the archive eventually, but I already have some request placed for the other thing, so maybe some other time.

You'll obtain the skins by beating the game, search for the guides on that if you want to know conditions for the exact skins and if some minor spoilers not bother you; you'll also get the generic enemies' skins by carrying those enemies to the base.

There's already one Tenchu 4 undub available, which I played though back in 2014 and recall it being perfectly adequate. Honestly, I haven't touched on the Time of the Assassins until now and just assumed it lacked the voice acting altogether, but thanks for suggestion – I'll take a look at it, since it seems like it would not require much effort.

Tenchu 4 undub is here (may be not the Zairoud's undub I've played): 

Time of the Assassins:

Update: Japanese audio in all of the cutscenes. Forgot to include the StreamPackEventBGM.dat previously, sorry about that.

Though the English sfx are still left over as before. The game won't play back neither the vanilla Japanese nor hex-edited nsp audio banks no matter what, unfortunately. What's bizarre is that it's likely (judging by the header) due to the sample rate differences between the sfx audio in Japanese and western versions of the game. It is what it is for now, I hope I'll figure something out for this eventually.

@Sleepingdragon55 You're welcome! Although absolutely no effort were put into this undub (at least in its current state), these files are straight from the Japanese version of the game – no modification required. I tried to edit the SFX audio banks, but there's no way to reimport 2/3 of them currently.

Incidentally, we may see the Way of the Samurai 2 undubbed soon™. Going through it really slowly manually, mostly due to procrastination and personal inability to make an automated script.

• swosho changed the title to Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen UNDUB (updated to PROPER) (rePatch folder only)

Final update: Proper undub, bby!

Sorry for taking so long to iron out all of the issues, and sorry for posting the half-baked undub in the first place. Every game in the series is playable with Japanese audio now, as it should've been from the start.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• swosho changed the title to Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen UNDUB (updated to PROPER) (rePatch folder)
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to undub this game!

I just have a problem though. I tried to download the archive 2 times and it always give me an error during the unzip process. Tried to unzip with Zarchiver for android and 7zip on windows. Do you need winrar or something?

The corrupted data seems to works partially as I have the Japanese voice over but no music at all...

Edit: My bad. I downloaded the files again for the third time using jdownloader2 to be sure the files integrity is intact and... it worked!

No more error when unpacking and it works flawlessly in game.

Edited by CrayonMechant
  • Upvote 1

• swosho changed the title to Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen UNDUB (proper) (rePatch folder)
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...